Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Created by Trader Vic's contemporary, Don the Beachcomber, this recipe was almost lost due to Don's intense secrecy. The amount of rum in it got it banned in many cities and was said to reduce you to one of the living dead, stumbling around grunting "Rummmm, RUUUMMMM!!!" Though I have never been driven to such a state, I highly recommend this drink, as long as you only have one.
Write a review
- 3/4 cup Crushed Ice
- 1 1/2 oz. Aged Jamaican Rum, such as Appleton Estate V/X or Extra
- 1 1/2 oz. Gold Puerto Rican Rum
- 1 oz. 151-proof Lemon Hart Demerara Rum
- 3/4 oz. Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 tsp. White Grapefruit Juice
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon Syrup
- 1 tsp. Grenadine
- 1/2 oz. Falernum
- 1/8 tsp. Pernod (or Absenthe)
- 1 dash Aromatic Bitters, such as Angostura
- Ice Cubes
- 1 Mint Sprig, for garnish
- Shake all ingredients except for crushed ice and mint in a shaker with ice and pour over crushed ice in a tall Collins glass or Tiki mug. Garnish with mint sprig.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/