Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Yellow Table Mustard
IMPORTANT NOTE! Fresh mustard has a bitter, sharp taste as the ingredients have not yet marinated together. YOU MUST allow at least 2 days before giving your mustard a true taste test.
Write a review
- 6 Tbsp. Mustard Seeds (in general, the darker the seeds, the stronger and spicier the mustard will be)
- 1⁄2 Cup Mustard Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Cider or Sherry Vinegar
- 1⁄2 Cup White Wine or Water
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 pinch Turmeric
- 1 pinch Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Shallot, chopped
- Crush the mustard seeds with the bottom of a small pot or in a mortar and pestle and place all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and soak for 4 to 6 hours covered.
- Place the mixture in a blender or use a hand held immersion (Stick) blender and blend until smooth. You may blend less to make your mustard more coarse-like if desired.
- Store your newly prepared mustard in a sterilized jar or a plastic storage tub. It will have a refrigerated shelf life of about 1 month.
- Makes about 1 cup.
Optionally, you can add these ingredients afterwards
- Honey Mustard - Add 2 Tbsp. Honey
- Horseradish Mustard - Add 2 Tbsp. Prepared Horseradish
- Tarragon Mustard - Add 2-3 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Tarragon
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/