Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Wilted Spinach Salad
Very comfortable as an Entree Salad, this hearty spinach salad also goes by the name Johann Strauss after the famous composer. It's often prepared tableside in upscale restaurants that specialize in tableside cooking but just as elegant made in the kitchen. I happen to love this recipe using Nino's Maple Bacon and Wild Turkey Bourbon.
Write a review
- 1 Lb Nino's Butcher Shop Maple Bacon, sliced 1/2"
- 2 cups Red Onion, sliced 1/4"
- 1⁄2 cup Green Onion, sliced 1/4"
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Cloves, sliced fined
- 4 cups Mushrooms, Medium to Large, sliced 1/4"
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Bourbon Whiskey
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. Cracked Black Peppercorns
- 2 10 oz bags Baby Leaf Spinach
- 2 cups Salvaggio Brand Croutons
- In a medium size saute pan over medium heat, saute cut bacon until crisp.
- Leaving bacon grease in pan, add red onions, green onions and garlic and saute one minute.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add mustards, brown sugar and bourbon.
- Ignite bourbon with match or by pulling pan toward flame being careful to hold pan over an open area.
- When flames extinguish, stir and sprinkle in black pepper.
- Remove dressing from the heat and pour hot dressing over greens.
- Sprinkle salad with grated parmesan cheese and portion onto plates.
- Add garnishment of croutons and serve.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/