Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Warm, Tex-Mex Style Pulled Chicken Wrap
You might call this recipe a Soft Taco. I love the creaminess that the cheese gives this recipe once melted in. You could also portion this filling on large crisp corn tortillas for a GREAT appetizer snack.
Write a review
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Jalapeno Pepper, minced
- 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- - Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Pulled Chicken Meat
- 3⁄4 cup Ninos Santa Fe Style Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1⁄4 cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1⁄2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- 8 Flour Tortillas, 6 inch
- - Diced Tomato, Shredded Lettuce, Sour Cream and Avocado, for garnish
- In a heavy pot, heat olive oil to medium heat and add onion, jalapeno pepper, cumin, chili powder and a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring regularly until the onion and jalapeno pepper starts to soften. Add pulled chicken, salsa, corn kernels, broth, cheese and cilantro and bring to a simmer or long enough to melt the cheese into the ingredients.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Portion approximately one half cup per flour tortilla and add diced tomato, shredded lettuce, sour cream and avocado as additional optional toppings.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/