Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Twice Baked Yukon Gold Mashed with Crispy Onions
If you love the taste of twice baked potatoes in their skins but don't want to go through all the trouble of baking the potatoes, then scooping them out, this casserole version is just the recipe for you!
Write a review
- 3 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, Peeled, Large Dice
- As Needed Water
- 1/4 cup Egg Yolks (approximately 5)
- 8 Strips Bacon, Cut ¼” Pieces Across Width
- ½ cup Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups French’s® Crispy Onions
- Sauté bacon until crisp and reserve with its resulting grease.
- Cook potatoes in gently simmering water until softened. Drain and keep warm.
- Beat together potatoes, bacon (and grease), egg yolks, green onions, cheese and sour cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9” x 13” casserole dish with vegetable spray and fill with potato mixture.
- Bake at 400 F until top is lightly browned and mixture is heated through.
- Sprinkle crispy onions over top and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/