Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Traditional Southern Corn Bread with Whole Corn
Write a review
- 2 Cups Yellow Cornmeal
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 TBSP Baking Powder
- 2 Extra Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted
- 3 ½ Cups Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn Kernels, Pulsed in Food Processor
- In a large bowl mix together the corn meal, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Pulse the fresh corn in a food processor until you have a chunky puree.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, butter, honey, buttermilk and corn puree.
- Add this liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Prepare a 9” x 13” casserole dish and spray liberally with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Pour the cornbread batter into the casserole dish and bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for approximately 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 1 - 9” x 13” casserole dish.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/