Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Three Sausage Soup with Spinach and Bacon
This recipe is easy peasy but ohhhh so good. It's a broth style soup but if you like, you can puree the beans before adding them to the soup which will give you a creamier texture and more body.
Write a review
- 1 link Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 link Spinach Feta & Chicken Sausage
- 1 link Nino's Homemade Bratwurst
- 4 strips Bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1⁄2 Cup Sweet Onion, 1/4" slivers or diced
- 5 oz. Baby Spinach (1/2 bag)
- 1 15 oz. can Pinto Beans, rinsed
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock or Broth
- 1⁄2 Cup Roma Tomato, diced 1/4" for garnish
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a medium size saucepan, saute bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and reserve 2 Tbsp. of the bacon grease in the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the sausages (whole) and brown on all sides. Continue to slowly cook the sausages until they are completely cooked. Remove the sausages, cool and cut them into bite size pieces. Again, save 2 Tbsp. of grease in the pan.
- Return heat to medium. Add onions and sweat until softened. If they brown a little, that's OK.
- Add spinach and stir until they wilt.
- Add back the bacon, sausage and all remaining ingredients except the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook 15 minutes on low heat. Slim off any excess fat that floats to the surface.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes just before service.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/