Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Tex-Mex Tortilla Crusted Salmon
Paired with Nino's Nationally award winning Santa Fe Style Black Bean & Corn Salsa, this fresh salmon entree is a real explosion of flavor and texture.
Write a review
- 4 8 oz Fillets Salmon, boned and skinned
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 cup Milk
- 2 each Eggs, Extra Large
- 3 cups Corn Tortilla Chips, crushed small
- 1⁄4 cup Cilantro Leaves, Fresh, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Poblano Chile Pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup Red Onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup Red Bell Pepper, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Sun-Dried Tomato, minced
- 2 cups Vegetable (Canola) Oil, for pan frying
- Trim the salmon fillets of any excess bell fat and dredge each in the seasoned flour.
- Beat together the eggs and milk to make an egg wash.
- Combine tortilla chips, cilantro, poblano chile, onion and red bell pepper and toss.
- Dip floured salmon fillets in the egg wash, then into the tortilla mixture to coat on all sides. Set each breaded fillet on a sheet of plastic film and reserve.
- Heat oil in a shallow skillet to approximately 350 F and pan fry the breaded salmon fillets on each side until golden brown and the fish is thoroughly cooked through.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with Nino's Santa Fe Style Black Bean & Corn Salsa
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/