Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Tex-Mex Jicama Slaw
What a unique slaw! And it's a perfect accent to any Southwest Style picnic. It can be made a day in advance and holds up well. You may also add additional colorful julienne vegetables (carrots, squash) as desired.
Write a review
- 4 cups Jicama, peeled, cut julienne
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, cut julienne
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Pea Pods, cut julienne
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1⁄2 cup Green Onions, cut 1/4"
- 3 drops Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp. Jalapeno Pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. Cilantro Leaves, Fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp. Granulated Sugar
- Place jicama, red bell pepper, pea pods, green onion, jalapeno and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, wisk together lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, liquid smoke, chili powder and sugar.
- Pour the liquid "dressing" over the julienne vegetables and toss.
- Chill and serve.
- Makes about 6 cups
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/