Thai Salad & Dressing
A wonderful Thai Salad Dressing which captures the essence of what it's all about and some suggestions for a salad mix you can enjoy with it.
Write a review
Thai Salad Dressing
- 3 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Peanut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 stalk Lemon Grass, trim off base and tips, then mince finely
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Mint, chopped
- 1 tsp. Serrano Chili, minced
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Combine all ingredients together and whisk. It goes well with the Common Thai Salad listed below and it will store in your refrigerator well for up to 2 weeks.
Common Thai Salad (makes about 4 salads)
- 1 head Chinese (Napa) Cabbage, cut in half then 1/4" strips
- 2 stalks Bok Choy, trim, cut in half lengthwise then on bias about 1/2" thick
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Carrots, cut matchstick size
- 1/2 cup Flat Snow Peas, cut on bias 1/4"
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, cut matchstick size
- 2 stalks Green Onion (Scallion), chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped coarse
- Combine all ingredients with Thai Salad Dressing and serve.
Optional garnishments, in any combination, that can be added to your salad
- Cooked Chicken, Shrimp or Seafood; Tofu; Sweet Basil Leaves; Diced Mango, Pineapple; Cucumber, Grape Tomatoes (halved), Avocado; Toasted Cashews or Peanuts; Cooked Pasta (Spaghetti, broken, Farfalle or other); Toasted or Black Sesame Seeds; Toasted Coconut; Crispy Rice Sticks or Crisp Won Ton Strips
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/