The ultimate classic, this cocktail has come back with a vengeance; many judge a new bar or restaurant on how good their Sazerac is. Here is the official recipe from the Sazerac Company.
Write a review
- 1 cube Sugar
- 1 1/2 oz. Sazerac Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 oz. Herbsaint or Absinthe
- 3 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
- Lemon Peel
- Pack an Old-Fashioned glass with ice.
- In a second Old-Fashioned glass, place the sugar cube and add the Peychaud's Bitters to it, then crush the sugar cube.
- Add the Sazerac Rye Whiskey or Buffalo Trace Bourbon to the second glass containing the Peychaud's Bitters and sugar.
- Empty the ice from the first glass and coat the glass with the Herbsaint, then discard the remaining Herbsaint.
- Empty the whiskey/bitters,sugar mixture from the second glass into the first glass and garnish with lemon peel.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/