Arugula, Orange and Fennel Salad
The pleasant sourness of fresh arugula, the sweetness of oranges, and the hint of licorice in fresh fennel are perfect partners for this classic vinaigrette. A good choice for a summer appetizer.
Write a review
- 1 Fennel Bulb, shaved fine
- 1 Red Onion, medium, sliced fine
- 2 cups Orange Segments, fresh
- 6 bunches Fresh Arugula, trimmed & torn
- 3/4 cup Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Trim off stem and bottom ½ inch of fresh fennel bulb, cut in half through the core and shave very finely.
- Place in a mixing bowl with red onion, orange segments, arugula, almonds and red bell pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt, sugar and black pepper and pour this dressing over salad mixture.
- Toss, chill and serve.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/