Dandelion Greens Salad
One of the first greens to appear in the markets in the spring is dandelion. Dandelion greens have a slight bitter flavor that is somewhat similar to broccoli rabe. Eaten raw, they are wonderful tossed into salads where they add spice and interest. Lightly boiled, sprinkled with salt and a bit of cider vinegar makes an easy and delicious side dish. In France, where dandelion greens are still very popular – they are often lightly sauteed with bacon and garlic. They can also be used as a substitute for spinach, swiss chard and kale in almost any dish.
Write a review
- 1 lb. Dandeloin Greens
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced fine
- 6 strips Bacon, cut 1/2" & sauteed crisp
- 1/4 cup Carrots, cut matchstick size
- 2 Eggs, hard cooked, chopped
- 1/3 cup Mushrooms, white, sliced 1/4"
- 1/2+ cup Nino's Spicy Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup Salvaggio's Parmesan Croutons
- Discard the dandelion green roots then wash greens well in cold water.
- Cut leaves into 2” pieces and reserve.
- Place greens in a salad bowl with red onion, bacon, carrots, chopped hard cooked egg and mushrooms.
- Add Nino’s Spicy Honey Mustard Dressing and toss to coat.
- Garnish with croutons and serve.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/