Over the years, I’ve shared quite a few recipes, many of which I know people have thoroughly enjoyed. Among some of my favorites at Nino’s are the recipes using chicken from one of our favorite and most popular products, Nino’s Rotisserie Roasted Chickens.
Of course, these chickens are delicious all on their own, but they’re also great when used in other recipes, such as casseroles, fillings, soups and so many other recipes you could write a book just for them alone.
In the recent past, Nino’s has posted these terrific dishes:
Baked Chicken & Stuffing Casserole
Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya
Pesto Chicken & Farfalle (Bow Tie Pasta) Salad with Vegetables
Pulled Rotisserie Chicken Bistro Sauté
Chilled Chicken Salsa
Chicken and Mushroom Strudel
And recently, I’ve been inspired to create a couple of NEW recipes for these tasty birds. I know you and your family will really enjoy them!
Think crab cake, but instead, you’ll taste an Asian-inspired chicken cake that’s out of this world! The crust of panko crumbs and sesame seeds is particularly inviting.
Asian Chicken Cakes with Cilantro Aioli
Makes about 6 – 2 ½ ” Diameter Cakes. Serves 4
1 lb Meat from 1 Rotisserie Chicken, Finely Chopped
2 TBSP Green Onion, Minced
2 TBSP Red Bell Pepper, Minced
2 TBSP Water Chestnuts, Chopped
2 TBSP Cilantro, Fresh, Chopped
2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
¼ Cup Teriyaki Glaze, Kikkoman
½ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
½ Cup Milk
½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
½ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
¼ Cup Sesame Seeds
¼ Cup Vegetable Oil (Canola)
- Combine all filling ingredients and mix well.
- Carefully spoon mixture from the mixing bowl onto a flat working surface, and shape into cakes approximately 2 ½” diameter and 1-inch tall.
- Place finished cakes on a plastic film and refrigerate or hard chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- To finish the cakes, beat together the eggs and milk in a shallow dish, and then place the flour and panko crumbs (mixed together with the sesame seeds) in their own shallow dishes. Bread cakes by dipping the top and bottom side of each cake (only) in the following, in this sequence: flour, egg mixture and then into the panko/sesame crumb mixture.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Then heat a medium-sized non-stick fry pan on medium-high heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, pan-fry cakes on both sides until golden brown, and remove to a small cookie sheet.
- Place the cakes in the oven, and bake approximately 15 minutes or until they are thoroughly heated through.
- Serve with a drizzle of teriyaki glaze.
This next dish is a version of Nino’s popular Eggplant Rollatini, but instead of basil pesto pasta, this Rollatini is stuffed with chicken and ricotta cheese. If you prefer, you can substitute a dollop of basil pesto in place of the julienne basil. The choice is yours.
Chicken & Eggplant Rollatini with Ricotta & Basil
1 Lg Eggplant
2 Eggs, Beaten
¼ Cup Milk
1 Cup Flour, Seasoned with Salt & Pepper
2 Cups Salvaggio’s Italian Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil (for frying)
1 lb Meat from 1 Rotisserie Chicken, Julienne
1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
½ Cup Fresh Basil, Fine Julienne
To Taste Salt & Pepper
1 Pint Nino’s Homemade Palomino Sauce
¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated or Shredded (for garnish)
- Peel eggplant and slice into ¼” thick slices.
- Flour each slice of eggplant on both sides.
- Beat together the eggs and milk, and dip floured eggplant slices to coat.
- Dredge in Italian bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a shallow fry pan until medium hot, and pan-fry eggplant slices on both sides until golden. Allow slices to cool to room temperature.
- Lay out breaded eggplant slice with narrow end toward you.
- Place approximately ¼ cup of julienne chicken meat, 2 TBSP of ricotta cheese,1 tbsp of Parmesan cheese and 1 tsp of finely julienned fresh basil at the end of the slice.
- Season with salt and pepper, and roll up into a tube. The tube will be approximately 1 ½” in diameter.
- Continue for the remaining eggplant slices. Expect to have approximately 8.
- Place all Rollatinis in an oven-proof baking dish and re-heat in a 350 F oven approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- While Rollatinis are baking, heat Palomino sauce.
- Serve 2 Rollatinis per serving, topped with sauce and Parmesan cheese.
What are your favorite recipes you have made using our Rotisserie Chickens? Share with us in the comments below!