Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Sweet Potato & Ham Hash Browns
Not a "hashed brown" in the usual sense, sweet potatoes & ham offer a unique twist on an old favorite. If you wish, adding more ham, or even bacon can make this side dish an entree to enjoy!
Write a review
- 2 lbs. Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic, Chopped
- 1 cup Smoked Honey Ham, Julienned
- 2 Tbsp. Chives, Chopped
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- Rub whole sweet potatoes (with skin on) with 2 TBSP of the oil and then roast in a 375 F oven until tender. Cool, remove skins and dice into ½” cubes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions and garlic on medium heat in the remaining oil until softened.
- Turn the heat to medium high and add the sweet potatoes and ham. Allow the mixture to rest, unstirred for 2 minutes at a time to promote browning, then gently fold over and repeat until the potato mixture has some color. Avoid stirring to keep potato pieces intact.
- Just before serving, season with chives, salt and pepper.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/