Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Sweet Corn Stuffed Pork Chops
This stuffed pork chop recipe is a welcome addition to your weekly meal planning. The fresh sage adds a particularly fall, holiday touch.
Write a review
- 4 Pork Chops, thick cut (1" to 2")
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, salted
- 1⁄2 Cup Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 Cup Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 Cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 Cups Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 1⁄2 Cups Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Sage Leaves, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt (or Kosher Salt)
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- With a sharp knife cut a horizontal slit in the side of each chop forming a pocket for stuffing.
- Take 1/2 cup of the sweet corn and puree or mash finely and set aside.
- Heat butter in a medium high non-stick skillet and saute the onion, bell peppers and the remaining 1 cup of sweet corn until tender (3 to 5 minutes).
- Place sauteed mixture in a mixing bowl and stir in bread crumbs, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Do not over mix.
- Generously stuff each pork chop with the stuffing mixture.
- Saute each stuffed chop on both sides over medium high heat until golden brown. Place on a baking sheet and finish cooking in a 350 F oven until medium well (about 20 minutes, pork should be 150 F).
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/