Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Stuffed Eggplant Parmesan Roulade
This recipe takes Eggplant Parmesan to the level of a fine dining entree by adding the savory touch of rosemary and chicken. This dish can be prepped in advance of your meal and each portion layered on a non-stick sheet pan. Just pop the pan in your oven 20 to 30 minutes prior to serving and when thoroughly heated, you're ready to enjoy!
Write a review
- 1 Lb Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
- 1⁄2 tsp. Coarse Black Pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. Thyme
- 4 tsp. Olive Oil
- 4 each Roma Tomatoes
- 12 each Green Onion Stalks
- Prepare traditional Eggplant Parmesan Recipe with these additional steps.
- Marinate chicken breasts in 2 tablespoons of olive oil with fresh rosemary, thyme and black pepper for 1 hour, then, in a medium hot frying pan or skillet, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil and saute green onions until slightly colored and softened.
- Remove the onions from the pan and reserve at room temperature. In that same pan, sear the marinated chicken breasts on medium high heat and then continue to cook over medium heat until breasts are fully cooked through.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and allow to rest. Cut the chicken breast into 1/4" to 1/2" strips approximately 4" long.
- Place the breaded and fried eggplant slice on a cutting board and place approximately 4 ounces of chicken strips at one end of the eggplant panel. Before rolling up, place 3 green onion stalks and 3 to 4 - 1/4" slices of Roma tomato on top of the chicken strips. Roll forward to create a tight roulade approximately 3" in diameter. Secure with 2 wooden skewers.
- Top with Marinara sauce, Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheeses and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes until cheese melts. Serve with additional Marinara Sauce.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/