Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Spiced Holiday Nuts
This is a basic frosted nuts recipe. You can adjust it by adding additional spices, such as curry powder (1/2 tsp), Cajun seasoning (1 tsp), or 1 tsp of almond or orange extract, to the brown sugar.
Write a review
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 TBSP Egg White, Beaten Until Frothy
- 2 Cups Whole Pecan Halves or Whole Blanched Almonds
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and spices; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add almonds and toss to coat.
- Add egg white coated nuts to spice mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/