Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Southwest Fajita Marinade and Dressing
A wonderful marinade and sauce to keep on hand in either your refrigerator OR freezer! Added to sauteed beef, chicken, peppers and onions, it is one terrific Fajita. It's also a terrific salad dressing that can be used on a taco salad or any Tex-Mex inspired salad.
Write a review
- 1 cup Teriyaki Sauce (Soy Vey Brand)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1⁄2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup Garlic Cloves, fresh, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Vidalia Onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Red Bell Pepper, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Jalapeno, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro, minced
- 3 drops Liquid Hickory Smoke
- 2 Tbsp. Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder, ground
- Heat teriyaki sauce in sauce pan to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to teriyaki sauce. Bring to a boil while stirring.
- Remove teriyaki mixture from heat and chill well.
- Saute peppers, then onions in 2 tbsp. of the olive oil. Add garlic near end of sauteing. Add these sauteed ingredients to the cooked and cooled teriyaki mixture.
- Stir in and add remaining ingredients.
- Chill thoroughly and reserve.
- Yield: 3 cups
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/