Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
S’Mores Cream Pie
Similar to a homemade chocolate pudding, my S’Mores chocolate filling is made with quality ingredients and has the look and taste of the classic campfire S-Mores made of gooey toasted marshmallows, melted chocolate and graham crackers.
Write a review
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Cornstarch
- Pinch Salt
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- 2/3 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 9” or 10” Graham Cracker Crust
- *NOTE: *If you choose to make your own crust you will need approximately 1 ¾ cups of crushed graham crackers,1 stick of melted butter and ¼ cup granulated sugar which you will stir together until the consistency of wet sand then line and press into the pie tin. It does not require baking afterwards.
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2 to 3 Graham Crackers, Broken Into 4 Pieces Each
- 1 Hershey Chocolate Bar, Broken in to 1” Pieces
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt & yolks until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the half and half.
- Place over medium low heat and bring to a simmer while whisking constantly. When the mixture begins to thicken continue to stir until you see a bubble or two then IMMEDIATELY remove from heat and whisk in butter, the chocolate chips and the vanilla.
- Place plastic wrap directly on surface and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of mini marshmallows and immediately pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust.
- Cover the filled pie and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove the plastic film and cover the entire surface with the 2 cups of mini marshmallows then place the pie under an oven broiler until the marshmallows are golden brown (typically 2 to 3 minutes).
- Break apart the Hershey chocolate bar and graham crackers and insert pieces randomly across the surface of the pie,
- Refrigerate again for a minimum of 30 minutes then cut and serve.
- Depending on whether you purchase a 9” or 10” pie crust the filling will be up to the top crust or slightly below but either size will result in a fabulous pie that your family will absolutely enjoy all summer.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/