Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Shrimp and Pork (Dien-Hsing - Strike the Heart)
A Dim-Sum treat. This mixture of Shrimp and Pork make excellent appetizers but can also be a "Meatball" type garnish on noodles or as a garnishment in any Asian broth inspired soup. The mixture can be made and refrigerated for a day or two before cooking.
Write a review
- 8 oz. Shrimp, peeled and deveined, minced
- 8 oz. Pork But, diced
- 4 oz. Water Chestnuts, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sherry
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. Ginger Root, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Red Bell Peppers, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Green Onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro, minced
- 3 each Extra Large Eggs
- 2 oz. Canola Oil
- Mince or grind shrimp in meat grinder (1/4" size holes in grinder plate).
- Add all ingredients to this mixture and stir in well.
- Set fryer to 350 to 360 degrees and spoon approximately 1/2 Tbsp. at a time into the fat. Fry until medium brown. Remove and reserve on absorbent paper.
- This product may be kept warm in an oven at 200 degrees.
- Optional: Finished appetizers may be sprinkled with thin slices of green onion.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/