Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Shrimp and Bay Scallop Saute with Sherry Creme and Cous Cous
The entire dish is both quick and easy to prepare since the cous cous only takes 5 minutes to make. You can add some fresh asparagus or broccoli to this recipe or as a side dish to create a meal your family will LOVE!
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 12 each Extra Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups Bay Scallops (dry pack preferred)
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Cream Sherry (Sweet Sherry)
- 1 1⁄2 cup Half & Half
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 5 43⁄48 oz. Cous Cous (Near East Brand, Parmesan Flavor)
- Follow directions for Near East Brand Cous Cous. It requires 1 1/4 cup water & 2 tsp. of butter or olive oil and takes only 5 minutes to prepare.
- Heat a medium size non-stick saute pan on high heat with 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil.
- When pan is hot, saute shrimp on both sides for 30 seconds then remove them to a plate and temporarily reserve.
- Add another 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil to that same pan and saute the garlic and onions for 30 seconds then add bay scallops and saute approximately 2 minutes more, or until firm.
- Add back the shrimp and de-glaze the seafood and any resulting residue with the sherry and reduce by half.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the half and half.
- Add the remaining half and half to the sauteed seafood and bring to a simmer.
- Add dissolved cornstarch and half and half to the seafood mixture and stir until it slightly thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Portion cooked Cous Cous on 4 plates and divide seafood and sauce mixture also between 4 plates. Serve.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/