Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Sesame Crusted Yellowfin Tuna with Teriyaki/Wasabi Glaze
Worthy of any fine dining restaurant menu, this Yellowfin Tuna recipe is best prepared medium rare to medium to maintain the tuna's delicate flavor.
Write a review
- 12 oz. Yellowfin Tuna Fillets
- 1⁄2 cup Flour
- 1 each Egg
- 1⁄2 cup White Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Black Sesame Seeds
- 1⁄2 cup Vegetable / Canola Oil
- 1⁄2 cup Kikkoman® Teriyaki Baste & Glaze
- 1⁄2 tsp. Wasabi Powder
- 1⁄2 cup *Seaweed Salad*
- Place flour, beaten egg mixture and mixed sesame seeds separately, in 3 shallow dishes.
- Pat both sides of Yellowfin Tuna fillets first in seasoned flour, then in the egg wash mixture then lastly in the sesame seed mixture to create a sesame seed "crust" on both opposite sides of the fillets.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet to medium hot.
- Place the fillets in the hot oil and pan-sear approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side (turning over carefully) to achieve a "medium" doneness. Cook longer on each side if you want the tuna fillets to be cooked to a full doneness.
- Remove fillets and pat gently on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil then place on a serving plate.
- Heat together Teriyaki Baste and Glaze with Wasabi Powder and serve on the side or over fillets. Top with the *Seaweed Salad (optional) as a garnish.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/