Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Seared Chicken, Kielbasa, Maple Bacon, Mushrooms & Green Cabbage
The medley of chicken and sausage works SO well with bacon, mushrooms and cabbage. Serve casserole style with a side of rice pilaf.
Write a review
- 6 strips Nino's Amish Maple Bacon, cut in 1" pieces
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 lb. Kielbasa, cut in 1" pieces
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 cups Sweet Onion, cut in 1" pieces
- 8 White Mushrooms (medium), quartered
- 1/2 head Green Cabbage, cut into 1" chunks
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet (which has a lid to be used later) over medium-high heat, saute the bacon until crisp then remove the bacon from the pan (and reserve) leaving the grease behind.
- Saute the chicken breast pieces in the bacon grease until cooked through then add the kielbasa, garlic, onions and mushrooms and saute approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and chicken broth to the pan and place the lid on. Cook (braise) about 10 minutes or until the cabbage is limp.
- Remove the lid, season with salt and pepper and portion with an equal amount of juices distributed to each portion.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/