Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Sauteed Fresh Pumpkin with Bacon & Onions
Preparing fresh pumpkin as a vegetable side dish is a familiar but unique and welcome choice. With the added ingredients of maple bacon & green onions it's a sure bet they'll want seconds.
Write a review
- 4 cups Pumpkin, Raw, Cut Julienne
- ¼ lb. Maple Bacon, Raw, Cut in ¼ inch pieces
- ½ Red Onion, Medium Size, Cut in Thin Slivers
- ¼ cup Green Onion, Cut in ¼ inch bias cuts
- ¼ tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- to taste Kosher or Sea Salt
- In a sauté or fry pan, sauté bacon pieces until nearly crisp.
- Add red and green onion and sauté one minute.
- Add pumpkin and sauté 2 to 3 minutes longer or until pumpkin is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Yield: approximately 4 cups
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/