Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Saffron Risotto with Shrimp and Bay Scallops
I love risotto dishes and this is one of my favorites! The shrimp and saffron add a distinctive flavor and color to this classic rice dish. Be sure to use only Arborio Rice.
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 cup Shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sherry (Dry is preferable)
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 2 1/2 cups Seafood Stock / Broth
- 1/4 tsp. Saffron (basically a few threads)
- 1 lb. Shrimp, medium, peeled, deveined and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup Bay Scallops
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- In a medium size sauce pot over medium heat, saute shallots, green onion and garlic in butter until tender (do not brown).
- Add sherry and reduce by half.
- Add rice and 1 cup of the seafood stock. Constantly stir (slowly) while simmering. This will help to create the creaminess of the risotto.
- When the first measure of broth has been absorbed into the rice add a second cup of stock and continue to stir once again until the rice has absorbed the stock.
- Add the last half cup of broth with the saffron and once again stir until the rice is tender and the sauce is creamy.
- Add in shrimp, bay scallops and heavy cream. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in shrimp and heavy cream. Stir for 1 minute.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/