Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Roast, Glazed French Shallots
This recipe is VERY versatile. Serve the Roast, Glazed French Shallots HOT as a side dish with roasted meats, or as a sauce alternative. COLD, it can be a delicious salad component, condiment or relish.
Write a review
- 2 quarts Water
- 4 lbs. Fresh French Shallots
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- 1 cup Dry Red Wine
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- In a large stockpot, bring water to a boil; add shallots. Stir for 30 seconds then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Peel shallots, then arrange on a roasting pan or casserole dish. Sprinkle shallots evenly with rosemary.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together wine, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and honey; drizzle over shallots.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring once after first 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove shallots with a slotted spoon; set aside in a bowl.
- Pour remaining balsamic sauce from pan into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes until slightly syrupy.
- Pour balsamic sauce over shallots then toss to coat.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/