Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Rigatoni Pasta Salad with Rapini, Italian Sausage & Romano Cheese
If you're looking for a wonderful Entree pasta salad with lots of great stuff in it, this one may be for you. Feel free to substitute ingredients and make it your own!
Write a review
- 1 lb Salvaggio's FRESH Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 Lb Nino's Butcher Shop Brand Smoked Italian Sausage
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Bell Peppers (Assorted Colors), cut 1/4" x 2"
- 1 cup Sweet Onion, cut 1/2" x 2"
- 1 cup Fresh Fennel (Anise), cut 1/4" x 2"
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, Fresh, minced
- 1 bunch Rapini, trimmed
- 6 Ounces Provolone Cheese, cut in 1/4" x 2" sticks
- 1⁄3 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes, cut in 1/4" strips
- 2 Tbsp. Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1⁄4 cup Sicilian Black Olives, pitted and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Garlic Expressions Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Dry Oregano
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Cook fresh pasta in boiling salted water until al dente (2 to 3 minutes). Rinse well with cold water, chill and place in a large bowl.
- Blanch fresh rapini in boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Rinse in cold water, then chop into 1" pieces. Add to the pasta.
- In a saute pan over medium high heat, saute fresh fennel, onion and garlic in olive oil until lightly browned and tender. Remove from the pan onto a dish and chill. Add to the pasta mixture.
- In the same pan, saute peppers in olive oil until tender, Chill and add to the pasta mixture.
- Grill or pan fry Italian sausage. Chill and cut into small sticks.
- Toss all ingredients together with the dressing and chill. Adjust seasonings as desired.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/