Yukon Gold Potato Galette
A Galette is a French term for a round, rather flat cake, sometimes layered. In this recipe, it is borrowed from its usual context to refer to the layering of the potatoes, leeks and cheeses into a savory potato cake that’s truly unique and delicious.
Submit your review
- 2 Lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (approx. 6-8 potatoes)
- 4 oz. Chevre Cheese (Goat Cheese), Cheddar may be substituted
- 1 Each Large Leek, washed well, cut in half lengthwise then thinly on bias
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 Cup Parmesan or Romano Cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 Cup Green Onions, cut 1/4″ on bias
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Each Eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- – Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a medium casserole dish with butter or non-stick vegetable spray.
- Saute leeks and garlic in olive oil until tender (3 to 5 minutes), add green onions, saute one minute longer and then chill that mixture.
- Begin by covering the bottom of the casserole dish with an overlapping layer of the thinly sliced potatoes.
- Next dot that layer of potatoes with 1/2 of the Chevre cheese, 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of the sauteed leek, garlic and green onion mixture.
- Repeat with another layer of potatoes and the remaining cheeses and leek mixture.
- Finish with a top layer of sliced potatoes.
- Beat together the eggs and cream and pour over the potato mixture then sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the cheese is absorbed into the potatoes and the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until the mixture is bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into portions.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More