Triple Strawberry Shortcake Loaf
As presented on Fox 2 by Chef Pete on June 14, 2013.
Submit your review
- 1 Quart Driscoll Strawberries, stemmed and hulled
- 1 Vanilla Pound Cake, 8″ x 4″ X 4″, sliced in 1/2″ panels
- 1 4.6 oz. pkg. Jell-O Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding and Pie Filling
- 1 Tbsp. Unflavored Gelatin, 1 packet
- 2 1⁄2 Cups Milk
- 1⁄2 stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Whipped Cream
- 1⁄2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- – Optional: Chocolate Dipped Strawberries or Chocolate Shavings
- – Strawberry Sauce Topping
- 1 Quart Driscoll Strawberries, stemmed, hulled and quartered
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
- From the quart of strawberries, remove about 6 and puree or mash them well and set aside.
- Line the bottom and long sides of a standard 9″ x 5″ x 4″ loaf pan with waxed paper with an additional 3″ flap above the top rim of the pan on both sides enough to fold over the filled loaf to create a cover.
- Line the bottom of the loaf pan with 1/2″ thick slices of pound cake saving a slightly greater number of slices to finish the top of the loaf once it is filled.
- Slice enough strawberries (in half only) to line the length of the loaf pan on both long sides by pressing the flat, cut side of each berry against the edge of the pan and then alternate point side up, then point down as you progress down the length of the side.
- Fill in the center cavity with whole strawberries as room permits.
- In the bottom of a 4 quart saucepan, stir together the Jell-O Vanilla Pudding mix and unflavored gelatin, then add the cold milk. Allow to sit 3 minutes then follow the cooking directions on the package. As you remove the cooked pudding from the heat, stir in the butter until well incorporated.
- While the mixture is still in the pot, cool over a cold ice water bath until just warm then stir in the pureed strawberries.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and over the top of your strawberries to cover about 1/2″ then gently place a top layer of the remaining pound cake slices to cover the entire surface.
- Fold over the flaps of waxed paper and chill until firm. (About 8 hours).
- Whip together the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla to a medium stiff peak.
- Un-mold the chilled strawberry loaf and decorate the top surface with mounds of whipped cream and optionally, chocolate dipped strawberries or chocolate shavings.
- To serve, slice 1 inch thick and enjoy with Strawberry Sauce.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More