Too Chez Chicken Mélange
This recipe was a favorite at a restaurant in Novi, Michigan called Too Chez. This bistro style restaurant was a favorite destination for modern “comfort food” dishes and fine wines. You, of course, can add other ingredients to this Melange of ingredients including shrimp, sausage or other vegetables.
Submit your review
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 4 ea. Medium Large (3” diameter) White Mushrooms, cut in 1/4’s
- 1 8 oz. Chicken Breast, Boneless, Skinless, cut in 1” pieces
- 1⁄3 cup Grape Tomatoes, Cut in half
- 2 ea. Garlic Cloves, Sliced Thin
- 1⁄4 tsp.. Italian Herb Seasoning Blend (Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Marjoram)
- 1⁄2 cup Red Skin Potatoes, Pre-Roasted, then cut in 1” pieces
- 1 cup Nino’s Homemade Hearty French Onion Soup
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- – Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves, Fresh
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- In a medium size, non- stick fry pan over medium high heat, heat olive oil, then sauté mushrooms until JUST softened.
- When mushrooms are browned, add chicken pieces and continue to sauté until the meat is golden and the mushrooms begin to color.
- Add tomatoes, Italian herbs, garlic and potatoes. Continue to sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add French onion soup and bring to a simmer.
- Mix together cornstarch and water and drizzle slowly into the sautéed mixture until a medium bodied sauce develops. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat. Add spinach leaves and toss briefly (leaving the spinach leaves only wilted).
- Divide Melange between 2 plates and top with a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More