Sweet Corn and Bacon Pie (with Ham Option)
Whether served as an entree or with a salad at lunch, this delicious quiche-like pie is an excellent choice for an alternative meal, especially in the cooler weather months.
Submit your review
- 1 Pie Shell, 9″
- 1⁄2 lb. Nino’s Maple Bacon, cut in 1/2″ pieces
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, diced 1/2″
- 2 stalks Green Onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 Cup Red Bell Pepper, diced 1/4″
- 3 Cups Sweet Corn Kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 1⁄2 Cups Half & Half
- 3 Extra Large Eggs
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme
- 1 1⁄2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- – Salt and Pepper, to taste
- OPTION – 1 cup Diced Cooked Ham
- In a 375 F oven, par-bake the pie shell for approximately 10 minutes or until light blond (do not brown). Remove from the oven and cool.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain then pour off all but 1 1/2 tablespoons drippings.
- Add onion and pepper to skillet. Saute until almost tender, about 8 minutes. Add only 2 cups of the corn and continue to saute about 3 minutes longer and remove the entire mixture off the heat to cool until warm.
- Puree the remaining 1 cup of corn then whisk together the pureed corn, half and half and the eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the pie shell, spread the sauteed onion, peppers and corn mixture over the bottom surface, (add ham now if used) then sprinkle the bacon and cheese evenly over that mixture.
- Gently pour the egg mixture into the pie shell and bake in a 375 F oven approximately 45 to 60 minutes or until the filling is firm and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, then let rest 20 to 30 minutes and serve warm.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More