Spaghetti Squash Rollatini with Marinara & Parmesan
This recipe is a version of Nino’s popular Eggplant Rollatini with a twist – Spaghetti Squash!
Submit your review
- 1 large Globe Eggplant, peeled, sliced in 1/4″ panels (8 slices minimum)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cups Vegetable or Canola Oil (to fry)
- 1 Spaghetti Squash, cut in half lengthwise with seeds and strings removed
- 1⁄2 lb. Bacon, cut in 1/2″ pieces
- 1⁄4 Cup Green Onion, cut in 1/4″ pieces on bias
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Sage, chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp. Thyme, dry leaf
- – Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 24 oz. Salvaggio’s Marinara Sauce
- 1⁄4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- In 3 separate shallow bowls, place a mixture of milk and eggs, then a bowl of the seasoned flour and lastly a bowl of the Italian bread crumbs.
- Dredge eggplant slices in flour, then dip in the beaten egg mixture then into the bread crumbs. Repeat for all of the slices.
- Heat oil in a shallow saucepan until medium hot (approximately 350F) then pan fry each slice of breaded eggplant until golden and crisp on each side.
- Set the cooked eggplant slices aside and prepare the filling.
- Saute bacon until crisp and reserve the crisp bacon and grease separately.
- Pre-heat an oven to 350F then paint the inside of each spaghetti squash half with bacon grease and season them with salt and pepper. Place the halves upside down on a baking tray, add a splash of water (to create some steam while roasting) and place them in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until the outer skin is soft to the touch.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the oven, allow to cool to the touch then gently scrape the inside pulp into a medium size bowl. As you scoop, the pulp should release from the skin in coarse, spaghetti like strings.
- In a medium size non-stick fry pan, heat 2 Tbsp. of the reserved bacon grease and saute the green onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the spaghetti squash, sage and thyme then season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- When cool enough to handle, place approximately 1/4 cup of the spaghetti squash mixture at one end of a breaded eggplant slice and roll into a tube. Repeat for all slices.
- Place all of the Rollatinis in a casserole dish and return to the 350 F oven to re-heat while you also heat the Marinara Sauce.
- Serve 2 Rollatinis covered with a half cup of hot Marinara Sauce and 1 Tbsp. of grated Parmesan cheese.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More