One of my VERY favorite recipes! You can also substitute thinly sliced beef sirloin for chicken breast. This recipe also can be frozen very successfully and thawed anytime you’re in the mood for a taste of the Southwest!
Submit your review
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. Chicken Breast, cut in strips
- – Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 cups Red Bell Peppers, cut 1/4″ x 1/4″ x 3″
- 2 cups Yellow Bell Peppers, cut 1/4″ x 1/4″ x 3″
- 2 cups Green Peppers, cut 1/4″ x 1/4″ x 3″
- 4 cups Onion, cut 1/4″ x 1/4″ x 3″
- 1 cup Southwest Fajita Marinade & Dressing
- 16 each Flour Tortilla
- Grill meat on open char-grill or sear in saute pan. If grilling, baste meat with some of the fajita marinade while grilling.
- Cook meat/shrimp to desired doneness (usually medium well to well done).
- In a hot skillet or fry pan, sear peppers, then onions in olive oil until slightly charred and tender.
- Cut or slice meats into slender panels, imitating the vegetable sizes and toss with the vegetables.
- Heat the Southwest Fajita Marinade (recipe found in Sauces), for one minute in a microwave oven and pour over the fajita mixture, stir.
- Serve with flour tortillas and garnishments.
- To enhance the flavor of the flour tortillas, place each tortilla over a hot electric or gas burner to brown and slightly char the surface of each tortilla before stuffing and wrapping the fajita mix into each.
- Serve with suggested toppings.
Shredded Iceberg Lettuce, Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, Guacamole, Sour Cream, Salsa
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More