Shrimp and Bay Scallop Saute with Sherry Creme and Cous Cous
The entire dish is both quick and easy to prepare since the cous cous only takes 5 minutes to make. You can add some fresh asparagus or broccoli to this recipe or as a side dish to create a meal your family will LOVE!
Submit your review
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 12 each Extra Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups Bay Scallops (dry pack preferred)
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Cream Sherry (Sweet Sherry)
- 1 1⁄2 cup Half & Half
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- – Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 5 43⁄48 oz. Cous Cous (Near East Brand, Parmesan Flavor)
- Follow directions for Near East Brand Cous Cous. It requires 1 1/4 cup water & 2 tsp. of butter or olive oil and takes only 5 minutes to prepare.
- Heat a medium size non-stick saute pan on high heat with 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil.
- When pan is hot, saute shrimp on both sides for 30 seconds then remove them to a plate and temporarily reserve.
- Add another 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil to that same pan and saute the garlic and onions for 30 seconds then add bay scallops and saute approximately 2 minutes more, or until firm.
- Add back the shrimp and de-glaze the seafood and any resulting residue with the sherry and reduce by half.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the half and half.
- Add the remaining half and half to the sauteed seafood and bring to a simmer.
- Add dissolved cornstarch and half and half to the seafood mixture and stir until it slightly thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Portion cooked Cous Cous on 4 plates and divide seafood and sauce mixture also between 4 plates. Serve.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More