Seared Maple and Hickory Cured Salmon with Wilted Spinach
This recipe brings out the sweetness of salmon with a marvelous accent of maple and spice. Served over a bed of wilted spinach, it is worthy of any fine dining restaurant but surprisingly easy to make.
Submit your review
- 2 – 8 oz. Copper River Salmon Fillets, (Boneless, Skinless)
- 1⁄2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp. Nino’s Hickory Seasoning Rub
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
- 1⁄4 Tbsp. Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- As Needed Non-Stick Vegetable Pan Spray
- 1 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- 1⁄2 cup Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 10 oz. Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1⁄2 cup Red Bell Pepper, Thin Slivers
- Make marinade by mixing together maple syrup, water, hickory seasoning, parsley flakes and black pepper in a non-reactive casserole dish or bowl.
- One by one, place salmon fillets in marinade, and thoroughly coat on both sides. Leave all the fillets in the marinade (covered and under refrigeration), for 24 hours to achieve maximum flavor.
- To cook, pre-heat a large non-stick sauté pan on medium high heat. Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade and spray on each side with non-stick vegetable spray. (Save the remaining marinade)
- Place the fillets in the pan and cook on both sides for approximately 3 to 5 minutes or until the flesh is firm, opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove the fillets and reserve on a plate for later service.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tbsp. of butter and sauté the onion and garlic for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add spinach and sauté briefly until it just begins to wilt.
- Season the spinach with salt and pepper and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Divide the spinach equally between 4 serving plates and place one salmon fillet on top of each spinach serving.
- Place the pan back on the heat and add the remaining reserved marinade. Bring to a simmer and add the Dijon mustard. Stir briefly and baste/drizzle a tablespoon or two of the marinade/sauce over each salmon fillet and sprinkle with the slivered red bell pepper.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More