Sauteed Shrimp & Scallops with Potato Gnocchi, Asparagus & Mushrooms
This dish is not only a great entree but is just as easily down sized to make a delicious starter. Feel free to add crab, lobster or any seafood to make this recipe suit your tastes.
Submit your review
- 12 Peeled & De-Veined Shrimp, 21/25 Size
- 8 Sea Scallops
- 1 pkg. Potato Gnocchi, 16 oz. (Gia Russa or DeLallo brand)
- 2 Tbsp. Salvaggio’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch Asparagus, cut in 1″ pieces
- 4 med. large Mushrooms, quartered
- 12 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Basil Pesto
- 2 cups Nino’s Homemade Palomino Sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded or shaved
- Begin by par-cooking the potato gnocchi in boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until they float. Remove from the water and set aside then blanch the asparagus in that same water for 3 minutes, remove and set aside.
- In a non-stick saute pan over medium high heat, add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and sear the shrimp and scallops on both sides (about 1 minute on each side for the shrimp and 2 to 3 minutes on each side for the scallops).
- Set aside your cooked seafood on a small plate and then add the remaining 1 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- Saute the garlic, mushrooms and blanched asparagus 2 to 3 minutes then add the halved grape tomatoes and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add back the reserved shrimp, scallops and gnocchi to your saute pan, then add the basil pesto and toss.
- When all ingredients are heated together, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with a ladle of heated Palomino Sauce and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More