Rigatoni Pasta Salad with Rapini, Italian Sausage & Romano Cheese
If you’re looking for a wonderful Entree pasta salad with lots of great stuff in it, this one may be for you. Feel free to substitute ingredients and make it your own!
Submit your review
- 1 lb Salvaggio’s FRESH Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 Lb Nino’s Butcher Shop Brand Smoked Italian Sausage
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Bell Peppers (Assorted Colors), cut 1/4″ x 2″
- 1 cup Sweet Onion, cut 1/2″ x 2″
- 1 cup Fresh Fennel (Anise), cut 1/4″ x 2″
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, Fresh, minced
- 1 bunch Rapini, trimmed
- 6 Ounces Provolone Cheese, cut in 1/4″ x 2″ sticks
- 1⁄3 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes, cut in 1/4″ strips
- 2 Tbsp. Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1⁄4 cup Sicilian Black Olives, pitted and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Garlic Expressions Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Dry Oregano
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Cook fresh pasta in boiling salted water until al dente (2 to 3 minutes). Rinse well with cold water, chill and place in a large bowl.
- Blanch fresh rapini in boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Rinse in cold water, then chop into 1″ pieces. Add to the pasta.
- In a saute pan over medium high heat, saute fresh fennel, onion and garlic in olive oil until lightly browned and tender. Remove from the pan onto a dish and chill. Add to the pasta mixture.
- In the same pan, saute peppers in olive oil until tender, Chill and add to the pasta mixture.
- Grill or pan fry Italian sausage. Chill and cut into small sticks.
- Toss all ingredients together with the dressing and chill. Adjust seasonings as desired.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More