Pumpkin Creme Brulee
This is one of Chef Pete’s favorite winter squash desserts and he’d prefer this dessert over a slice of pumpkin pie any day of the week and TWICE on Thanksgiving!
Submit your review
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 1⁄2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 3⁄4 Cup Fresh, Cooked Pumpkin Puree (canned pumpkin can be substituted)
- 2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3⁄4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. Ground Powdered Ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp. Ground Allspice
- 2 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 1⁄3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Heat the cream in a saucepan until barely simmering. Then remove from the heat so as not to burn.
- In a separate, medium size bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until creamy and light.
- Slowly add the hot cream into the beaten yolk mixture while whisking.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and allspice.
- Set out 8 – 6 ounce shallow ceramic ramekins on a baking sheet and fill each one to within 1/4″ of the brim with the pumpkin brulee mixture.
- Place the pan of ramekins in a 325 to 350 F oven and add approximately 1 cup of hot water to the pan to create a semi water bath and to create steam while baking.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until the filling is just set. It will quiver like Jello.
- Remove the baked brulees from the oven, let cool at room temperature 30 minutes then refrigerate them (covered) for at least 4 to 6 hours or until firm and fully chilled.
- Mix together the 1/3 cup granulated and 2 Tbsp. brown sugars and then one by one, sprinkle an even dusting of the sugar 1/8″ thick from edge to edge of each ramekin.
- To “brulee” you can individually blow torch the surface until bubbly and brown or you can place the entire pan of brulees directly beneath an oven broiler to achieve similar results.
- Allow the finished desserts to rest approximately 15 minutes in the refrigerator so that the “burnt” (brulee) sugar can harden and allow the filling to cool a bit.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More