Pulled Rotisserie Chicken Bistro Saute
One of my “Healthy Meal” favorites. This tried and true standby is chock full of meat, veggies and potato. I also like to add a handful of fresh baby spinach on occasions!
Submit your review
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, pulled meat, cut in 1″ pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 each Red Onion, cut in 3/8″ strips
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic, sliced
- 1⁄2 head Broccoli, cut in florettes
- 1 Cup Baby Carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 ea. Red Skin Potatoes, cut in half or 3/4″ pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning Herbs (dry) or (1/4 tsp. of each – Basil, Oregano, Marjoram, Thyme)
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Marsala Wine (optional)
- – Salt and Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Toss together red skin potatoes, 2 Tbsp. olive oil and Italian seasonings and place in a shallow roasting pan or oven-proof dish. Roast potatoes in a 375 F oven approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and soft. Remove potatoes from the oven and set aside while you begin the saute.
- In a medium saute pan over medium high heat, add the 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and when heated, add onions and saute to lightly color, then add the sliced garlic and saute only one minute longer. Add carrots and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch into the chicken broth and add to the sauteed mixture. Bring the resulting sauce and vegetables to a simmer, then add the broccoli. Reduce sauce to a gentle simmer and stir occasionally until the broccoli is al dente.
- Add pulled chicken meat and stir to re-warm and add the (optional) Marsala Wine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and plate in a shallow rim soup bowl or a deep welled plate.
- Garnish with the roasted potatoes and serve.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More