Pink Lady Apple “Skillet Pancakes”
A natural cross between the Golden Delicious and Lady Williams varieties. Pink Lady Apples have a beautiful pink blush and a refreshing and sweet, champagne-like taste – making them perfect for eating out of hand and excellent for fresh salads, pies, in sauces and overall baking. This puffy pancake, a cousin of the Dutch Baby pancake, is a signature item at many pancake houses. The Pink Lady® Brand Cripps Pink Variety apples keep their shape and texture so you have distinct slices to enjoy with the spicy pancake.
Submit your review
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Pink Lady Brand Cripps Pink Variety Apple
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Measure butter, brown sugar and cinnamon into 10-inch skillet with ovenproof handle* and heat in oven, stirring occasionally until very hot and bubbly, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, core and slice the apple.
- When butter mixture is bubbly, carefully remove pan from oven and arrange apple slices in circle in pan.
- Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes while preparing batter.
- In mixing bowl or blender, combine eggs, milk, flour and salt and beat or blend until smooth.
- Slowly pour batter over apples in skillet, distributing evenly.
- Return to oven until puffy and well-browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Invert serving plate on top of skillet, then turn over and lift skillet off to serve hot, apple-side up.
*To ovenproof skillet handle, wrap well with aluminum foil.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More