Parmesan Crusted Cod on Sautéed Spinach with Palomino Sauce
If you’re looking for a gourmet meal that’s rather simple to make, this recipe is a good choice. You can substitute Orange Roughy, Halibut, Salmon, or Sea Bass for the Cod, if you prefer.
Submit your review
- 4 – 6 to 8 oz Portions Cod
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 TBSP Butter
- ½ Cup Onions, Chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, Minced
- 1 – 10 oz Package Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 Pint Nino’s Palomino Sauce (or Salvaggio’s Marinara Sauce)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare a breading station with 3 separate shallow bowls. Place the flour in bowl #1, beat together the egg and milk and place in bowl #2, then mix together the Parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs and place in bowl #3.
- Pre-heat a medium size non-stick fry pan on medium high heat and add the vegetable oil.
- One by one, bread each piece of cod by flouring, then coating with the beaten egg mixture then coating with the Parmesan cheese crumb mixture.
- Place each piece of breaded cod in the fry pan as you go and fry on both sides of each piece until golden brown.
- As each piece of cod is finished browning, place them on a non-stick baking pan or on a sheet of tin foil sprayed with a non-stick vegetable oil.
- Place the cod pieces in the pre-heated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until firm and completely cooked through.
- While the cod is in the oven, sauté the garlic and onions in the butter until tender (but not browned). Add the spinach and carefully stir and turn over until the spinach is JUST wilted.
- Also, while the cod is in the oven, heat the Palomino (or Marinara sauce) until simmering.
- Serve by portioning ¼ of the spinach sauté on each plate, top with a cod fillet and top with a ¼ to 1/3 cup of the sauce. You may additionally wish to sprinkle each serving with additional grated or shaved Parmesan cheese.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More