Pan Seared Mackerel Fillets with Neuvo Gremolata
Mackerel, a relative of the Tuna, is a darker flesh fish, with an oil content which makes it an excellent choice for roasting and grilling or pan-frying.
Submit your review
- 1 each Mackerel Fillets and pin-boned at Nino’s
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. Black Pepper, freshly ground
- – For Neuvo Gremolata & Topping
- 1 each Lemon, peel only, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh, Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Sun-Dried Tomato (oil packed), chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Salvaggio’s Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- Prepare Gremolata base first, by combining the minced lemon peel with the garlic, parsley and sun-dried tomato.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. olive oil to make a sort of dressing.
- In a small non-stick saute pan over medium heat, melt butter then add the Italian bread crumbs. Saute until the bread crumbs are lightly toasted. Cool and reserve.
- Heat a medium size, non-stick saute pan on medium high heat.
- Brush Mackerel fillets with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Pan sear the mackerel fillets, starting skin side down, for approximately 3 minutes then turn over and cook once again for approximately 3 minutes. The fish flesh should be firm and opaque.
- Remove cooked fillets to a serving plate and top each with a generous teaspoon of the Gremolata dressing mixture then sprinkle a generous 1 to 2 tablespoons of the toasted Italian bread crumbs over that.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More