Pan Seared and Roasted Cod Fillet with Portofino Sauce
Cod, Halibut, Scrod, Orange Roughy, Chilean or Black Sea Bass all work wonderfully with this savory sauce reminiscent of the Mediterranean. Enjoy with a side of grilled asparagus or rapini and rice or potato side.
Submit your review
- 2 8 oz Cod Fillets, Boneless, Skinless
- 1⁄4 Cup Flour, Seasoned with Salt & Pepper
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Fresh
- 4 ea Shrimp, Peeled & De-veined, Chopped
- 1 ea Roma Tomato, Trimmed, Chopped
- 2 TBSP Green Onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp Chili Powder
- – Pinch Saffron Threads
- 1 Cup Seafood Stock (Kitchen Basics or other)
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 TBSP Water
- – Salt & Pepper
- Lightly flour top and bottom of each Cod fillet with seasoned flour.
- In a medium size, non- stick fry pan over medium high heat, pan fry Cod fillets on both sides until lightly brown, then transfer fillets onto an oven-proof pan and place into a pre-heated 350 F oven for approximately 20 minutes or until fully cooked through. (Time depends on the thickness of your fillets).
- Return the fry pan to the heat (leave the oil in the pan) and add garlic and green onion. Sauté one minute.
- Add tomato and shrimp and sauté 2 more minutes.
- Add chili powder, saffron and Seafood Stock. Bring to a simmer and reduce all resulting liquids by half.
- Mix together cornstarch and water and slowly drizzle into the simmering liquid until you obtain a medium bodied consistency to your sauce.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove fully cooked fish from the oven, plate and divide the Portofino Sauce between both fillets. Enjoy!
You can indeed use a number of other delicious fish including: Halibut, Chilean Sea Bass, Black Sea Bass, Scrod or even Orange Roughy…they all work very well.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More