Pan Fried Tuscan Salmon
This recipe is a wonderful choice for a Lenten Dinner and can be made using a number of other delicious fish choices, among them: cod; halibut; scrod; trout and whitefish. This recipe also works well for chicken breast. An appropriate sauce choice for this dish is either our Pesto Creme Sauce or our Salvaggio’s Marinara Sauce.
Submit your review
- 4 ea Salmon Fillets (8 ounce), skinless, boneless
- 1⁄4 Cup Basil Pesto
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 each Extra Large Eggs
- 1⁄4 cups Milk
- 3 Cup Bread Crumbs (FRESH)
- 1 Cup Basil, Fresh Leaves, finely julienned
- 1⁄4 Cup Sun-Dried Tomato in OIl, finely julienned
- 1⁄2 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts, chopped
- 1 Cup Vegetable (Canola) Oil
- On a working surface, place fillets (former) skin side down and spread approximately 1 tablespoon of fresh pesto over the surface of each. (This step may be omitted if you prefer.)
- Dredge each salmon fillet in flour and shake off excess. (Set aside)
- Have ready in a shallow bowl, an egg wash made from the 2 eggs and the milk beaten together and in a separate bowl, the coarse bread crumbs sprinkled on the surface with a quarter of the chopped basil, sun-dried tomato and the toasted pine nuts.
- Take one of the floured salmon fillets and dunk in the egg wash to coat.
- Remove the fillet from the egg wash and place it on top of the bread crumb mixture (pesto side down). Press to help the crumbs adhere then turn over and coat the opposite side as well.
- Repeat with the remaining salmon fillets and set aside on a sheet of plastic film.
- Heat the oil in a shallow, non-stick skillet to approximately 350F. Pan fry the salmon fillets starting with the pesto side down, on both sides, until medium golden brown.
- Place the fillets on a cookie sheet and finish cooking in a 350 F oven until fully cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- Serve with Pesto Creme Sauce or Salvaggio Marinara Sauce.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More