Pan Fried Tuscan Chicken
The addition of fresh basil, sun-dried tomato and pine nuts turn an ordinary breading into a Tuscan inspired gourmet delicacy. Take special care to gently saute on medium heat so that you do not burn the sun-dried tomato bits. This dish can be served with a tomato pasta sauce, a Creamy Basil sauce or both.
Submit your review
- 4 each Chicken Breasts (8 oz. each), skinless, boneless
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 each Extra Large Eggs
- 1⁄2 Cup Milk
- 3 Cups Salvaggio’s Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil, finely julienned
- 1⁄2 Cup Sun Dried Tomato, finely julienned
- 1⁄2 Cup Pine Nuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 Cups Vegetable or Canola Oil, to fry
- Trim chicken breasts and pound uniformly flat between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Each breast should be approximately 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Dredge each breast in flour and shake off excess. Set aside.
- Have ready in a shallow bowl, an egg wash made from the milk with the eggs beaten in.
- Have ready in a separate shallow bowl, the coarse, fresh bread crumbs sprinkled on the surface with a little of the fresh julienne basil, sun dried tomato and chopped, toasted pine nuts.
- Take one of the floured chicken breasts and dunk in the egg wash to entirely coat. Then lift up, draining the excess egg wash off, then pressing down onto the bread crumbs. To bread opposite side, lift breast off of the crumbs RE-APPLY more basil, sun-dried tomato and pine nuts and lay down breast once again to coat.
- Repeat this process for all of the breasts and set aside on plastic film.
- Heat oil in a skillet or fry pan until 350 degrees or medium hot. Pan fry breaded chicken on both sides until golden brown and fully cooked through. Remove each cooked breast from the pan once cooked and rest on an absorbent paper towel briefly to absorb any excess oil before plating.
Serve with Pesto Creme Sauce.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More