Nino’s Barbecued Pork
Man oh man, is this dish delish!! You can easily call this pulled pork or braised barbecue pork but whatever you call it, MAKE IT…You’ll be glad you did! In my opinion, Nino’s Northern Smoke Sweet and Smoky barbecue sauce makes this recipe but feel free to substitute any other sauce you prefer.
Submit your review
- 2 lb. Pork Butt Boneless, cubed 1″
- 1 cup Vidalia Onion, peeled, small diced
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups Nino’s Northern Smoke Sweet and Smoky BBQ Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Water
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 cup Nino’s Northern Smoke Sweet and Smoky BBQ Sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. Reese’s Hickory Flavored Liquid Smoke
- Pre-heat vegetable oil in pan.
- Sear cubed pork, browning well on all sides. Remove browned pork.
- After all of the pork has been browned, add onions, garlic and jalapenos with more oil if necessary and saute briefly. Add to pork mixture.
- Add 1 1/2 cups Nino’s Northern Smoke Sweet and Smoky BBQ Sauce and water (or Bourbon if you choose) to pork and onion mixture.
- Season with black pepper and stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Place in baking dish, cover well and braise for 2 hours in a 300 degree oven or until pork cubes are tender and shred with a fork.
- Once pork is cooked and tender, remove from the oven; allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Add Reese’s Hickory Liquid Smoke to mixture and the additional 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce to the cooked pork mixture.
- Smash pork and sauce together until shredded with a few broken chunks of pork remaining.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More