Modern Melba (Peach Panna Cotta with Fresh Raspberries)
The most legendary recipe with peaches is Peach Melba. This recipe was created by famed French Chef Escoffier in honor of Australian opera singer, Nellie Melba. The basic melba recipe consists of half of a peach poached in syrup, topped with vanilla ice cream and garnished with raspberry puree.
Submit your review
- 2 cups Looza Peach Nectar
- 1 Tbsp. Unflavored Gelatin
- 2 lbs. Fresh, Ripe Peaches, peeled & pitted
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries
- Fresh Mint sprigs, to garnish
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar (for Peaches)
- Place 1/3 cup of the peach nectar in a small bowl then sprinkle in the gelatin while gently stirring. Allow this to rest 15 minutes.
- Simmer the remaining nectar in a heavy medium saucepan until reduced to a 1/2 cup.
- Chop 1 peach and transfer to a blender and blend with the 1/2 cup of reduced peach nectar until smooth.
- Heat the cream and 1/3 cup sugar over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved then remove from heat.
- Whisk in gelatin to the mixture then stir in peach puree and vanilla.
- Ladle into 6 small bowls. If you want to eventually unmold them (rather than leave the panna cotta in the bowl) then lightly spray each bowl with vegetable spray.
- Refrigerate (covered) until firm (about 8 hours).
- Slice the remaining peaches and toss in the 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Cover and refrigerate until the sugar is dissolved into a syrup.
- Serve the panna cottas garnished with the sliced peaches and sprinkled with fresh raspberries.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More