Maize n’ Bleu Burgers
My Maize n’ Bleu Burgers are stuffed with corn (maize) & Bleu (Blue) cheese which are natural pairings. Stuffed Burgers are always a treat for tailgates. Go Bleu!
Submit your review
- 2 lbs. Ground Sirloin
- 3 Strips Bacon, Chopped
- ¼ cup Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, Chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 cup Bleu Cheese, Crumbled
- Saute chopped bacon on medium heat until crisp.
- Add garlic and onion to the sautéed bacon and continue to cook until softened.
- Add corn and sauté 1 minute longer then remove from the heat and allow mixture to fully cool, leaving bacon grease in the mixture. (Unless excessive).
- Divide ground sirloin into 4 equal portions.
- Pick up one portion of the ground beef in your palm, shape into a tennis ball shape, then press your thumb into the middle and pinch outward towards your index finger to create a large pocket on the middle. When the interior pocket is a little larger than a golf ball size stuff the inside with 2 tbsp. of both the sautéed corn mixture and the crumbled bleu cheese.
- Seal the pocket opening by pressing the exterior beef over the hole then gently flatten the ball into a burger patty approximately 1 inch thick.
- Repeat for the remaining burger and filling. If you have any remaining filling, you can use it as a topping later.
- Cook burgers to desired doneness as you would any burger, either by grilling or pan-frying.
- Serve on a bun of your choice with your favorite condiments.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More