Lemon Curd Tart with Fresh Strawberries
Nothing says summer like a Lemon Curd Tart with Fresh Strawberries. It also makes an attractive centerpiece dessert on a picnic table.
Submit your review
- 1 ea. 9” Frozen Pie Shell
- 4 ea. Lemons
- 1 1⁄2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 4 ea. Extra Large Eggs
- 1 Quart Fresh Strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup Granulated Sugar
- – Sweetened Whipped Cream & Mint
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Butter one side of a square of aluminum foil to fit inside the unbaked pie shell and place it, buttered side down on the pastry. Fill with beans or rice. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and beans, prick the tart all over with the tines of a fork, and bake again for 20 to 25 minutes more, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- For the lemon curd, remove the zest of the lemons with a vegetable peeler or zester, being careful to avoid the white pith.
- Squeeze the lemons to make 1/2 cup of juice and set the juice aside.
- Put the zest in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the sugar and process for 2 to 3 minutes, until the zest is very finely minced.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar and lemon zest. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then add the lemon juice and salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes. The lemon curd will thicken at about 175 degrees F, or just below a simmer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Fill the tart shell with warm lemon curd and allow to set at room temperature.
- While the Lemon Curd is cooling, combine sliced strawberries and granulated sugar and refrigerate for 1 hour or until all of the granulated sugar is dissolved into strawberry juices.
- Serve each wedge of pie with a half cup of strawberries and some of the resulting juices.
- Optional garnishments are sweetened whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More